Quick Links:

R100T Restore Project
HTML tutorial
(sample) Project
HTML tutorial

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Maiden Voyage

I'm happy to report the R100 is 100% re-assembled and that I've got about 100 miles on the bike since putting it back together.  I know that's not many miles, but the routine is to make some changes, go for a short ride and then return to fix other "little" things.  Getting the throttle cables and crabs dialed in properly have been the most time consuming process.

100% Complete (not pretty, just complete!).


Some pics of final re-assembly process for you:

Clutch throw out lever and assembly installed into back side of transmission.


Swing arm rubber boot installed, ready to go back on bike

Swing arm installed on frame
Installed on frame.  Need to attach rubber boot and clamp to transmission.
Final Drive attached to swing arm and rear shock.

Final Drive

Rear Wheel installed.

Fresh Rubber !!

Exhaust headers assembled and ready to go back on bike.

Exhaust installed on bike.

Final re-assembly just completed, this is right before starting it back up.


Plug with red marking is where Pulse Air system used to inject air into exhaust port.

New Kickstand!  OEM option was not viable for my bike, I managed to score a Browns Side Stand.  

Sunday, March 4, 2012

RE-Assembly

Hello, just a quick update.  I've spent a lot of hours in the garage over the last week practicing RE-Assembly.  I went into re-assembly thinking it would be an easy/fun activity that would bring all the loose ends of the past together into an awesome product.  Well, I think things are looking good (as you can judge for yourselves below) but I've been plagued with a few parts that were ordered not being correct.  In any case, here is an update on the RE-Assembly process. Comments on each pic, enjoy:

Brake manifold with new Speigler Stainless lines attached.

The Speigler lines attached to the front calipers.

Newly painted right perch plus recently replaced front brake master cylinder attached to Speigler lines.

New rubber "fork gators" (previousely there were no gators) and new blinker assembly.

Close up of new blinker assembly.

Rear Sub-Frame Installed


Transmission installed.

Air Box and Fuel lines Installed.

Transmission + Air Box + Air Filter + Air Snorkel (the snorkel and air box were originally black, but I remove and polished the underlying aluminum.


Properly installed battery box plus all the goodies.  Ready for Carbs!


And the newly painted battery box!!

Another image of the battery box (it looks good, but as I found out later, it is installed backwards in this picture)

Left Carb back on bike.